‘A church for Tasmania making disciples of Jesus’
On Pentecost Sunday (4th June) our new vision for the diocese was released. We heard on that Sunday that God gives us the gift of His Holy Spirit to empower us for His mission of making disciples of all nations. How appropriate then that this should be the day we were challenged and encouraged to be a church working for the good of Tasmania, for the good of our city, for the good of the suburbs of Lindisfarne, Montagu Bay, and Risdon Vale, by loving others and making disciples of Jesus.
In the vision, we saw the need for us to grow confident, flourishing parish centres, focussed on disciple making and with vibrant ministry to children and young families. There’s lots to be done, but under God, empowered by His Holy Spirit we are confident God can use our efforts to grow His Kingdom.
As a church, we’re considering 6 questions to help us launch our own vision and strategic plan in response to the Diocesan vision.
- What do you value most about our church?
- Where do we have the greatest impact in our community?
- Given the vision, what should we focus on in the next 12 months?
- What will we need to do differently to make this happen?
- What should Chris stop doing/or do less of to focus on these new things?
- What can you do to make this vision a reality?
A number of meeting times have been scheduled to get members feedback on these questions.
- Saturday 24th June 10am – 11:30am
- Wednesday 28th June 11:15am – 12:30pm
- Sunday 2 July – 11:45 – 1pm